Does a 40oz. Of Horror-approved Halloween party involve knocking back a buttload of booze? Does Bigfoot shit in the woods? Well, we’re not sure about that, but the first one’s a no-brainer. What better time to mix up weird or even dangerous-looking drinks than Halloween? The following American Horror Story-themed Halloween cocktail recipes are creepy, creative and perfectly customized for your All Hallow’s Eve soiree.
AHS: HOTEL – Serves 4
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 2 oz. Licor 43
- 6 oz. Soda Water
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- 3 oz. Raspberry Syrup
- Pour the vodka and Licor 43 into a shaker over ice and shake it like crazy.
- Mix in the orange juice and soda water, then strain the mixture into chilled glasses.
- Serve with raspberry syrup in a plastic syringe.
AHS: COVEN – Serves 6 – 8
- 10 oz. Brandy
- 32 oz. Blackcurrant Juice
- 12 oz. Soda Water
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Mix brandy and sugar in a large bowl, then stir in blackcurrant juice.
- Refrigerate for around an hour, then add soda water just before serving.
- Serve in a martini glass or better yet a coupe — martini glasses spill too easy once you’ve had a couple of these, ya dig?
Freak Show Lemonade
AHS: FREAK SHOW – Serves 6 – 8
- 25 oz. Water
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 8 oz. Lemon Juice
- 2 – 3 Ripe Peaches
- 6 oz. Bourbon
- Fresh Mint
- In a large pitcher, sugar in the water
- Pit and slice the peaches. Add the peach slices and lemon juice to the sugar water mixture.
- Where’s the booze?
- Bourbon! Here it is! My favorite. Dump it in.
- Give it a stir and serve
AHS: ASYLUM – Serves 6 – 8
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Bottles of Red Wine (Zinfandel or Merlot)
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Orange
- 1 cup Muscovado Sugar
- Pour the wine into a large pot.
- Wrap the peppercorns, fennel seeds and cinnamon stick in gauze and add to the wine.
- Add the bay leaves and orange zest strips.
- Over a low heat, bring the wine mixture to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove the aromatics and stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Serve warm in your most chalice like goblets. Play on, player.
AHS: MURDER HOUSE – Serves 4
- 8 oz. Bourbon
- 4 oz. Red Vermouth
- 8 drops Bitters (Angostura)
- 1.5 oz. Scotch (the smokier, the better)
- Add the bourbon, vermouth and bitters to a cocktail shaker with 1 cup of ice and stir.
- Strain the cocktail into an chilled glass.
- Carefully spoon the Scotch whisky on top so it floats.
- If you fancy a cigar, fire one up while you sip this beverage.
What cocktails are you going to serve at your Halloween Party?
For more Halloween party ideas, check out Festive-Lights.com.